Elvis's Favorite Pound Cake
- 3 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of butter, softened
- 8 eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups of cake flour, sifted twice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Butter and flour a 10 inch tube or bundt pan. Thoroughly cream together sugar and butter for about 5 minutes, until fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in half the flour, then the whipping cream, then the other half of the flour. Add Vanilla. Pour into prepared pan. Set in COLD oven and turn heat to 350ºF. Bake 1 hour to 70 minutes, until a sharp knife inserted in cake turns out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove from pan and cool thoroughly.
- Wrapped well, this cake will keep for several days. Note: while the original recipe did not suggest this, when I'm in the mood for something different I will add a teaspoon or two of orange or lemon extract. Serve with fresh fruit or berries and whipped cream or mix 1/4 cup of milk or cream into 1 cup of confectioners sugar mix until desired thickness for glaze. Pour glaze over the top of cooled pound cake, let set.